On October 31, the game was changed in several ways.
2009 EditAccording to the changelog "Absolutely nothing was changed today." Later three bug fixes were added and the message changed to "Absolutely nothing else was changed today." Upon logging in, this was seen to be untrue. All of the following things occurred:
- The Season was "Halloween".
- People were called "zombies".
- Totem poles were called "Pig's head on a stick" In a reference to Lord of the Flies.
- Hospitals were called "Asylums".
- Campfires were called "Bonfires".
- Longhouses, stockpiles, huts, stonemasonrys, workshops, bakerys, and kilns had "Haunted" added before their name.
- Buffalo were called "Ghouls".
- Sabertooths were called "Vampires".
- Bears were called "Banshees".
- Geese were called "Kelpie".